Peach & Cream Cobbler Pops
With summer still around, what better way to cool off than with a nice icy popsicle? I personally love popsicles because not only are they fun for the entire family but the make a fantastic dessert and don’t require much effort. Peaches and cream are such a classic combination and I couldn’t help but incorporate those delicious flavours into these superpops. My twist on this is using yogurt as a base instead of the traditional cream, this also makes it lighter and healthier. Dairy yogurt can be subsisted for Soy or Coconut yogurt to make these vegan or to suit those who are lactose intolerant.
Ingredients: *Makes 4 (100ml popsicles)
180ml peach puree
220ml double cream yogurt
5ml vanilla essence
5ml lemon zest
20ml granola or crushed biscuits
Honey or maple syrup to sweeten
You will also need 4 popsicle sticks or cocktail straws
- Combine peach puree with 20ml yogurt and stir, depending on how sweet your puree is add honey/maple syrup to taste. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining yogurt, lemon zest & vanilla essence. With this layer you will also add the honey/maple syrup to taste.
- Add 25ml of your peach mixture to each of the 4 popsicle moulds and allow to set in the freezer for around 20 minutes.
- Next add 25ml of the vanilla mixture to each of the 4 moulds and allow to set.
- Repeat the layering until the moulds are filled and you have 4 layers. Add in the popsicle sticks or cocktail straws around the third layer.
- Whilst the last layer is still unset add 5ml of granola or crushed biscuit crumbs to each popsicle and press in slightly. Freeze for 4-5 hours or until set & enjoy!
- If you’re using maple syrup to sweeten your popsicles, try to use a good quality one as it adds a wonderful flavour
- To release the popsicles easily run the mould under warm water before pulling them out
This recipe was created by Karey – Her Instagram here